Tuesday, October 19, 2010
The Beauty and the Beast...Green Smoothies!
I was tickled this morning when I was preparing my Green Smoothie and my husband asked..."So, Is your recipe for two?" I was like: OF COURSE!!!
The truth is that even him - a meat lover - is starting to realized not only the importance of greens in our lives but how tasty some of these smoothies can be! The green concontion sounds intimidating but with the right combinations of Vegetables (THE BEAST) and the sweetness of the right fruits (THE BEAUTY) you can end up with the best Disney story in your tummy!
Some of the benefits of Green Smoothies are:
1) Highly nutritious: since leafy greens and fruits are full of Vitamins, Minerals and antioxidants.
2) They are a High Energy, extra healthy and yummy meal replacement: They can make an excellent breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or even dessert! :)
3) Green Smoothies are easy to digest!
4) They help you kick cravings for unhealthy sugars, plus they keep you full and satisfied for a long time.
5) They are easy to make and easy to clean up after.
6) They are very tasty! like Victoria Boutenko says: "they have the perfect combination the fruit taste dominates the flavor, yet at the same time the greens balance out the sweetness of the fruit, adding a nice zest to it. People who eat a standard American diet enjoy the taste of green smoothies. They are usually quite surprised that something so green could taste so nice"
7) Smoothies are perfect if you are busy because they take only five minutes or less to make.
8) Is the easiest way of eating your greens withouth adding extra fat and oils that a lot of people tent to put in their salads.
I was so eager to start making green smoothies again that I signed up for the 7 FREE day detox with the RAW DIVAS. I am on day two and this was the green smoothie my hubby asked to try this morning:
2-3 LARGE HANDFULS OF BABY SPINACH
1 CELERY STICK
1 CUP OF COCONUT WATER
IT WAS SIMPLY DELICIOUS!