Thursday, October 14, 2010

Raw Emotions - Understanding our Relationship with Food


I recently read Angela Stokes book "RAW EMOTIONS" and I am truly touched by her words! It almost seems as if she was sending her love and hugging me along as I turned every page.

Raw Emotions is really not a book about diets or even raw foods; is really about recognizing our destructive patterns and underlying personal issues that we have never deal with before and that instead we have hidden with addictions such FOOD that allow us to numb or "comfort" oneself.

Raw Emotions encompasses Angela Stokes amazing journey of going from 300lbs morbidly obese person to someone who lost over 160 Lbs but mostly someone who found a purpose and happiness in life through the process of facing her addiction.

I never really thought of myself as a food addict or even consider that I was hiding any sort of issues with food because I am outspoken, I always thought my feelings were out there but were they really? I thought I just craved sugars but what I was really craving is peace within me...is letting go and being able to LOVE and be LOVED without fears or walls.

By reading RAW EMOTIONS, I was finally able to understand my relationship with food and I realized how much I want this relationship to grow on a positive and healthy manner...I discovered RAW FOODS a year ago and while the inspiration is there, the FOG of my emotions was not letting my seeds of change germinate and in its place this fog was tossing me like a ping pong ball between the Green Smoothies and Donuts. The Ironic part is that I love, love Green Smoothies and all kinds of WHOLESOME FOODS but my brain had a huge disconnection from my body and what was "comforting" to my body. It was not until I read Angela's book that I deeply understood the meaning of the body-mind-soul connection and that there was not reason for me to feel guilty or bad about the never ending "game" but to pat myself in the back for the good progress I have already made and to continue towards feeling the best I could possibly feel Physically, Mentally, Emotionally and Spiritually.

I know even more ready to continue to live life to the fullest! Like Angela says:

"WHEN WE VIEW LIFE MOSTLY AS A SERIES OF OPPORTUNITIES TO EAT, WE MISS OUT ON SO MUCH OF THE REAL RICHNESS THAT WE CAN EXPERIENCE HERE"

1 comment:

  1. Some books or literature really hit home. And sometimes we just react and don't even know why or bother to dig deeper.

    I am will have to read this book myself. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    Viola

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails