Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year... A New you

Happy New Year to all!

I had a great time over the holidays with friends and family and getting some vitamin D in the beautiful mountains of Mcbride.

I am very excited about my New Years Resolutions...I decided to have a resolution for each essential area of myself..Body, Mind and Spirit...

Body... As of tomorrow I am going 100% vegan-High Raw for 12 weeks (I will be posting a journal of my food intake from time to time) and I am starting to train for a Half a Marathon In Cochrane called Footstock!


Mind...I have decided, I need to start reading more... but not only the technical stuff that I already read a lot of but more novels...To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee. I am very excited about this..One book every two months!!! Yes! Also I am going To read in the month of January the Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier as I feel it will really inspire me and provide me with a lot of knowledge on this new path!


Spirit...Enriching our spirits and our souls is an integral part of who we are, it is my desire to growth in my faith by being part of a community that will allow me to share th love for God, Life and others. Volunteering will be my ultimate satisfaction. Sharing with others and learning from them.

You may all ask what do all these things and resolutions have to do with food?

Food gives fuel for activities, provides necessary nutrients to help maintain healthy body processes and is even a source of pleasure and social delight. When eaten in excess, even the most nutritious food can contribute to unwanted weight gain, depretion and disease risk... When there’s not enough of it to consume, the deprivation can cause malnutrition and disease. That is why feeding our bodies the right nutrients is so important to FEELING YOUR BEST! In every aspect of your life that is why I have decided to make a change not only on the way I eat but on the way I live!


I am not sure if anyone is reading this or not but if you are I hope you enjoy and get inspired by my new Journey!


Wishing you all the best in 2010! Silvia


PD: I am grateful I have the freedom to make the choice to feel my best

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails