Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Salad and more salad!

Salads can be so simple and yet so yummy! Really guys even if you dont like vegetables after a little while your taste buds start changing :) although I have to admit is not my case because although I was a sweet-pastry-holic I have always like my veggies.

So here it is another example of a day of only eating awesome rawsome foods! Of course all veggies and fruits are organic

Breakfast

Juice of 3 collard green leaves, 2 beets, and 2 carrots

Snack

1/2 cup of Goji berries ( I just love them! -Arguably among the most potent superfoods known, the goji berry offers an exceptional balance of daily macronutrients: containing carbohydrates, high-quality protein, healthy fat, and soluble fiber. The goji’s solid plant-based protein is packed with 18 amino acids -- including all 8 essential amino acids – which is 10% of the fruits composition. Also full of free-radical-devouring antioxidants, goji berries have been historically used to support the immune system and longevity. Rich in vitamin A and a good source of vitamin C, these berries additionally possess over 20 trace minerals and vitamins including zinc, iron, phosphorus, riboflavin (B2), vitamin E, and carotenoids which include beta-carotene. And to put things in perspective on just how powerful the little goji berry is, ounce per ounce it contains more vitamin C than oranges, more beta carotene than carrots, and more iron than soybeans or spinach. Goji berries are a truly remarkable food) Click on Goji berry to go to Navita Naturals website for further information and recipes about this wonderful fruit and delicious Super-Fruit!

Lunch

Sweet Annie Kale Salad (From Paul Nisons Raw Challenge): 1 bunch kale (stemmed and chopped), half-cup raisins, one-fourth cup cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, and one-fourth cup raw honey. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, being sure to massage them for 5 minutes to soften the kale and blend the flavors. I added some cranberries too!
Snack

Granny-Smith apple

Dinner

Everybody’s Favorite Salad (From Paul Nisons Raw Challenge): 2 large heads romaine lettuce (chopped), 2 ripe avocados (chopped), 2 ripe tomatoes (diced), one-fourth cup pine nuts, one-fourth cup raisins, 3 tablespoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 teaspoons sea salt, 2 teaspoons raw apple cider vinegar, and 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. with Italian Flax Seed cracker I made on the weekend. BTW the bowls and plates on the below pic are hand made by my super talented sister in law! They are my favorite! so there this meal extra nourishing because not only the food was made with love but so were the plates! :)
On a later date I will tell you about my sprouts...I just started them a couple of days ago. First time eve I am doing this and is so excited them to watch them grow...I think I am going to be so attached to them after watching them grow...I am going to be like but I dont want to eat them now! lol...

PD. I am grateful for the sunshine and the warm weather that came our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails